The latest International Prog Rock Show that aired on UK70s Prog Rock was a special about the Cruise to the Edge. Go to the website to learn more about this extraordinary cruise for Prog fans. The line-up is a who's who of new and established bands. From classic bands like Yes, Tangerine Dreams, Nektar, Saga, and UK, to newcomers (or relative newcomers) like Glass Hammer and IOEarth, and solo artists with an impressive pedigree like Steve Hackett and Carl Palmer, this cruise will host a veritable rainbow of styles.
But first there were a couple of new releases and a classic oldie. WolfSpring, the prog metal offshoot of Nemo guitarist, has just released its second CD titled Who's Gonna Save the World? It is a great follow-up and shows the band in grand form. The second new release is The Gates of Tomorrow by La Maschera di Cera, lead by Fabio Zuffanti of Hostsonaten fame. La Maschera have decided to challenge themselves and write a follow-up to a Le Orme classic album, Felona & Sorona, and they have succeeded brilliantly. Using a musical style that is reminescent of Le Orme, recording both in Italian and English, as did the original band, even using similar artwork (reddish this time instead of blueish), this can truly be called a deserving new chapter in the Sorona storyline.
The playlist was:
1. Numbers (Remix), by The Flower Kings (available free for download thru their website)
2. The End of the Line, by WolfSpring (Who's Gonna Save the World?, 2013)
3. Sorona, by Le Orme (Felona & Sorona, 1973)
4. The Plan, by Le Orme (Felona & Sorona, 1973)
5. The Balance, by Le Orme (Felona & Sorona, 1973)
6. Return to Naught, by Le Orme (Felona & Sorona, 1973)
7. Back from the Void, by La Maschera di Cera (The Gates of Tomorrow, 2013)
8. The 1000 Years' Warfare, by La Maschera di Cera (The Gates of Tomorrow, 2013)
9. Chant of Him, by La Maschera di Cera (The Gates of Tomorrow, 2013)
10. The Creation, by IO Earth (IO Earth, 2009)
11. The Night of the North, by Glass Hammer (The Inconsolable Secret, 2005)
12. Riders on the Storm, by Nektar (A Spoonful of Time, 2012)
13. See Them Smile / Take It or Leave It, by Saga (All Areas: Live in Bonn, 2003)
14. Time's Up (Acoustic), by Saga (All Areas: Live in Bonn, 2003)
15. Tangram Set 1, by Tangerine Dream (Tangram, 1980)
16. Tank, by Emerson, Lake & Palmer (Emerson Lake & Palmer, 1970)
17. Carrying No Cross, by UK (Danger Money, 1979)
18. Ripples, by Steve Hackett (Genesis Revisited II, 2012)
19. In the Presence Of, by Yes (Magnification, 2001)
As always, if you love the music purchase the CDs by following the links.