Wednesday, January 15, 2014

John Wesley Signs to InsideOutMusic


InsideOutMusic is extremely proud to announce the signing of renowned guitarist John Wesley for the release of his forthcoming sixth studio album Disconnect on April 1. John had this to say:
"Disconnect, is the culmination of all the musical input I have had in the past several years. I am a fan of so many different types of music and being able to perform with artists that take huge chances musically such as Fish, Porcupine Tree, and Steven Wilson led me to a new place creatively. My focus has been on playing guitar for so long, so the songs on this record really came to life on the guitar. I had a great team of musicians to work with and the result is my best work to date. With this album, I was able to achieve a more aggressive guitar-oriented sound that is coloured by my progressive influences. Disconnect has many of the same elements of my previous work -- lyrical depth, song orientation -- but I really feel that I pushed my boundaries musically, with my playing and the song arrangements, more so than in my past work. Inside Out is the perfect home for this album."


John's last release was The Lilypad Suite EP which came out in 2011 and since then he has been playing with the likes of Steven Wilson and Sound of Contact, as well as keeping busy with session work. Disconnect marks his first full-length studio release since 2005's Shiver.

JOHN WESLEY online: 
www.john-wesley.com
www.facebook.com/johnwesleyofficial

No comments:

Post a Comment