Saturday, April 28, 2012

Is Porcupine Tree going on hiatus?

Say it ain't so!! Here’s a brief extract of an interview with Steven Wilsonthat was aired on Planet Rock Radio on April 6th:

“In essence, Porcupine Tree has probably run its course, I believe the band have reached a peak both musically and commercially and with my own change in musical direction, it would seem to me to be the appropriate time to put the band on a hiatus. I’ve enjoyed the extra freedom of being a solo artist and how it allows me to be more diverse than within the context of a band. I’m sure the band will appear again in some form, but not in the foreseeable future, I have a large backlog of musical ideas, I would like to see them come to fruition outside a band context, I trust most Porcupine Tree fans will see the greater picture and look forward to these exciting projects”
At least we will be getting more music by this great composer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment