Saturday, June 18, 2011

IPRS 75 Ready for Download

Dear listeners, this week show #75 is now available for your listening pleasure. As you may have noticed, this week on the UK70s Prog Rock radio station, two IPRSs played back to back, for a grand total of 6 hours of music. That was due to problems in file transfers the week before, which is the reason why there was no radio show last week. The solution found by my friend Wayne, the owner of the radio station, was to play both this week, so you've got him to thank. Like the previous show, this one is full packed with new and future releases. Music by Yes, Sky Architect, and the Devin Townsend Project will be released later this month, so you'll get to hear these as previews of these new CDs. I enjoyed them immensely, and I hope you do too.

At first, I was surprised by fellow canadian Devin Townsend's Deconstruction CD. I admit that I was and am not usually a fan of hard metal prog, with what I call "death grunts", but after listening to the CD over and over (to really give it a chance and be objective) I realized that Deconstruction is closer in spirit to Frank Zappa's music. It is funny, and technically brilliant. It's still not totally my cup of tea, and his second release, Ghost, is more to my liking. Listen to them and tell me what you think.

As for Sky Architect and their wonderful new release, if everything goes well I will hopefully do an interview with them for next week's show.

One more thing before you download the radio show: this week the website got its 10,000th visitor for this past year!! It was someone from around London in the UK. If that person would like to leave his or her name and address by emailing me at progrockshow(at)hotmail.com, I might have something for them. I have a feeling we will get the 1000th download since January 2011 this week. I thank you all for coming by and listening to the show.

To download show 75 click here (Podcast no longer available). The play list is as follows:

1. Magic, by Travellers (A Journey Into the Sun Within, 2011)
2. Timebends, by Long Distance Calling (Long Distance Calling, 2011)
3. Middleville, by Long Distance Calling (Long Distance Calling, 2011)
4. Devitrification Parts I, II & III, by C-Sides (Devitrification, 2011)
5. We Can Fly (Radio Edit), by Yes (We Can Fly CDS, 2011)
6. Difference in the World, by Styx (Regeneration Volume 1, 2010)
7. Flying to the Sun, by Anima Mundi (The Way, 2010)
8. Outside the Gloom, by Mindgames (MMX, 2010)
9. The Campfire Ghost's Song, by Sky Architect (A Dying Man's Hymn, 2011)
10. Corridor of Blood, by Anima Morte (The Nightmare Becomes Reality, 2011)
11. Things to Come, by Anima Morte (The Nightmare Becomes Reality, 2011)
12. Stagnation, by The Watch (Timeless, 2011)
13. Loin des yeux (Barbares, Parties VIII-XII), by Nemo (Revolu$ion, 2011)
14. Praise the Lowered, by Devin Townsend Project (Deconstruction, 2011)
15. Deconstruction, by Devin Townsend Project (Deconstruction, 2011)
16. Feather, by Devin Townsend Project (Ghost, 2011)
17. Texada, by Devin Townsend Project (Ghost, 2011)

That's it! I hope you liked the show, and I would love your comments on this and other radio shows. If there are bands that I have not covered and that you would like to hear, tell me about them.

As always, if you liked the music, please purchase the CDs through the artists' websites by following the links. Your purchases assure that the artists' will continue to write and produce the music we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment