Hello dear listeners. This week's radio show showcases cover version. I tried to find the most interesting cover version done by prog and non-prog artists. Most interesting, for me, means that the song isn't a note for note copy of the original. I also tried to find studio versions, as most bands who do cover versions do them live for the enjoyement of the public. And wouldn't you know it, I found tons of them, although I didn't have time to play them all, it being a three hour radio show.
As most listeners will know by now, the radio show started a little late on UK70sProgrock, so if you tuned out because you thought the show wasn't going to air, here is your chance to hear the show in it's entirety.
To download show 87 click here (No longer available)!
The playlist is as follows:
1. No Quarter, by Quidam (The Time Beneath the Sky, 2002)
2. When the Levee Breaks, by Stream of Passion (Out in the Real World, 2006)
3. Kashmir, by Kevin Gilbert (Nuts, 2010)
4. My Body Is a Cage, by Peter Gabriel (Scratch My Back, 2010)
5. Thank You, by Steven Wilson (Cover Version I, 2003)
6. The Chauffeur, by The Reasoning (The Chauffeur CDS, 2009)
7. Diary of a Madman, by Nemo (Les Enfants Rois, 2006)
8. Sufragette City, by IQ (Frequency Tour CD, 2008)
9. Moonchild, by Rafael Pacha (Impermanencia, 2011)
10. Starless, by Crimson Jazz Trio (King Crimson Songbook Volume 1, 2005)
11. 21st Century Schizoid Man, by ELP (The Return of the Manticoew, 1993)
12. Lucky Man, by Magenta (Lucky Man CDS, 2010)
13. Living Sin, by Headspace (YouTube version, 2011)
14. Knife Edge, by Star One (Victims of the Modern Age, 2010)
15. The Endless Enigma, by Mastermind (Angels of the Apocalypse, 2000)
16. Set the Control for the Heart of the Sun, by OSI (OSI, 2003)
17. Cymbaline, by RPWL (A Tribute to Pink Floyd, 2001)
18. Wish You Were Here, by Radiohead (The Golden Unplugged Bootleg, 1996)
19. Time, by Mary Fahl (From the Dark Side of the Moon, 2011)
20. Master of Time, by Big Big Train (Far Skies Deep Time, 2010)
21. Let Us Now Make Love, by The Watch (Timeless, 2011)
22. Entangled, by Paul D'Adamo (Tell Me Something, 2010)
23. The Carpet Crawlers, by Franck Carducci (Oddity, 2011)
24. Cinema Show, by The Flower Kings (Scanning the Greenhouse, 1998)
25. The Way the Waters Are Moving, by Unitopia (A Flower Full of Stars, 2011)
As always, if you love the music, follow the links to purchase the CDs, or go to your favourite retailer.