Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Singer Martin Wilson Leaving Grey Lady Down

Formed in the early 90s when vocalist Martin Wilson, keyboard player Louis David, and guitarist Julian Hunt met with bass player Sean Spear and drummer Mark Robotham, Grey Lady Down has been a fixture of the Oxford live scene. line-up changes plagued the band in the early years, but they still managed to release four studio efforts (the last one dating from 2001) and two live albums.

Now comes word that lead vocalist Martin Wilson is leaving the band he helped create.

This is a press release to inform you that I have left the Grey Lady Down project. 
The reasons are many, primarily around my personal life and the fact I can foresee major conflicts with my new project The Room. (www.theroom.eu)
I would like to thank the all the guys in GLD past and present, GLD has been a major part of my life for 20 years and I will miss the camaraderie. 
But at this time there can only be one band in my life and as we have released our first album and are itching to tour, I have only a certain amount of time, something had to give.
The Room are to begin the festival season soon to promote our debut album Open Fire, with appearances at Cambridge Rock Festival and others the debut album Open Fire is now available via our web site (www.theroom.eu) and I tunes, CD Baby and Amazon Etc.........
Regards
Martin Wilson
 
Best of luck to Martin and The Room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment